Viswa Energy Efficiency Management System
Operational Features :
• Effective management tool to monitor and improve the vessel/fleet performance.
• Improves Productivity .
• Dependence on watch keeper entering data manually on log books no longer required.
• Manual analysis work on board and in office by re-entering, analysing and computation of data no longer required.
• Very low electric power consumption – Simple and Reliable .
• More economical than any other EEMS in the market – best value for money .
• Hardly any maintenance required – Additional limited warranty for the second year .
• Special materials for corrosion protection and reliable operation .
Value Added Features of VEEMS :
• Customization of trend graphs .
• Wide range of automated report generation on EEOI .
• Monitoring of SFOC of main engine helps in monitoring & assessing any Energy Efficiency equipment or software introduced for the vessel.
• Monitoring of ROB to prevent pilferage of fuels at bunkering ports .
• Total fuel consumption for a specified period/voyage .
-- Measured automatically from Flow Meter .
-- No intervention from user .
-- Data integrity maintained .
-- Accurate amount of fuel consumed sent directly to office .
• Vessel tracking by latitude and longitude position from GPS.
• Option to add additional sensors and functionality in future .
• Data in .csv format can be easily adapted to any other type of data analysis software.
• Hull fouling detection .
• Monitoring of Autopilot and steering gear hunting .
In fact, every energy saving or energy efficiency technology introduced in a ship can be performance quantified using VEEMS.
Creative Ideas and R&D
Viswa Lab believes that when customers suffer fuel-related problems, they should be provided with all possible assistance. With this objective in view, Viswa Lab is equipped with state of the art instruments to identify and quantify contaminants and adulterants in fuel as well as to determine in-depth Ignition & Combustion properties of the fuel. All fuel problems are also connected to lubes, cylinder oils, material properties of the machinery, etc. In order that the customer with a problem finds a complete solution under one roof, Viswa Lab provides the following services.
|Bunker fuel oil analysis|
|Lube oil analysis
|Tribology and particle morphology studies|
|Ignition & Combustion studies (Fuel Tech instrument)|
|Under piston cylinder oil drain analysis|
|Material Failure analysis|
|Bunker Quantity Surveys in major ports|
|Special packages of services|
|Total Fuel Management|
|Support for Bunker dispute and bunker claims|
|R&D in marine fuels and marine diesel engines|
Special Package of Services
Since 1991, Viswa Lab has established itself as a problem solving lab specializing in Total Fuel Management (TFM). Major shipping companies who use fuel testing services of competitors still send all their problem fuels to Viswa Lab for detailed investigation.
BUNKER FUELS – IDENTIFYING AND QUANTIFYING CONTAMINANTS / ADULTERANTS
– Nine (9) specialized non-standard investigations using state of the art instrumentation offered through Viswa Lab.
ASSET PROTECTIONthrough CBM (Condition Based Maintenance program)
CONDITION MONITORING(for asset protection, meeting classification requirements)
QUANTIFICATION OF FUEL QUALITY AND FUEL WORTH TO HELP WITH FUEL PURCHASE
(A proprietary fuel quality indexing services consisting of Engine Friendliness Number and True Worth Index – published in Bunkerworld.com, well-known published data in proprietary to Viswa Lab)
Viswa Lab consists of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of scientists, engineers, and support professionals with a long-standing reputation for technical excellence in the field of Fuel oils, Lubes, Hydraulic oils, Environmental analysis, NDE, and Failure Analysis.
Viswa Lab has been testing fuels since 1991. During this period petroleum products and engineering materials have been tested by VL using the latest instruments and to the highest level of quality and accuracy. Innumerable failure analysis studies have been carried out by VL to determine the cause of material failure and fuel related failure.
Viswa Lab has created a niche position for itself with a one stop shop concept of chemical testing, mechanical testing, destructive testing, non-destructive testing to determine the cause of a failure or the prognosis of a machinery related problem. The fuel buyer will not have to go to different places to get all aspects of a failure analyzed.
Dr. Vis, whose name the lab carries, is a Phd. In Metallurgical Engineering, a Masters in Internal Combustion Engineering and a Bachelors in Marine Engineering. He has worked as Chief Engineer on ships, Senior Surveyor to the classification society American Bureau of Shipping.
Since 1991, he has been associated with the materials evaluation activity of metals, composites and petroleum products. It is this unique combination of all three facets that has propelled him as one of the top experts in this field.